Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spoils of forty

A precious gift indeed.
Tasted as nice as it looks.


A few pals went a little overboard for my 40th birthday and got me a bottle of Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve. It took me a couple of weeks to work up the nerve to taste it. I poured a little less than an ounce and had my first sip neat straight outta the bottle. Spicy pot still was the first impression and it warmed my entire trunk immediately. I let it sit for a minute and had another sip and it began to reveal itself. A really complex whiskey. Then I put a drop of water in and had a sip. Finally I put in one cube and waited a minute. This revealed its subtler side. By the time I was done I was wanting more.  I look forward to the next sample but I'm going to wait and share it with the fellers who gave it to me. Thanks pals.